Call for Artists: 18th annual River Bend Home Tour
The River Bend Neighborhood Association is currently seeking local artists to be a part of our 18th annual Home Tour on Saturday, April 30th and Sunday, May 1st. Frame Works is working with the River Bend Neighborhood Association to help sponsor this event.
The River Bend Neighborhood is one of the oldest neighborhoods in the City of Des Moines, Iowa. The Neighborhood is bounded by Hickman Road to the north, University Avenue to the south, 2nd Avenue to the east, and 9th Street to the west. Within this area, you’ll find a diverse mix of families living in some of the oldest homes in the city. Many of the houses in River Bend date back to the 1870’s. Each year, the Neighborhood Association sponsors a tour of homes in the district. The annual Historic Home Tour is River Bend Neighborhood Association’s largest fundraising event. It has helped fund projects such as the new neighborhood entrance signs, restoration of the Ruan House, and maintenance of various empty and neglected lots.
The tour is an opportunity to provide the community at large a glimpse into some of the homes in the district. In the past, the tour has highlighted homes in varying stages of renovation and restoration and homes designed by certain architects.
Here are a few of the other exciting changes for the 2016 Historic Home Tour:
- A Friday night “block party” in collaboration with the Des Moines Social Club.
- The Neighborhood Association is partnering with the 6th Avenue Corridor to have their Multi-Cultural Market open during Sunday’s tour.
- A supervised children’s area with activities.
We are looking for artists and vendors to be a part of the tour. We can offer:
- Space in a house on the tour. (We will be able to use the same home we used last year.
- Indoor display space.
- No booth fee. In lieu of a booth fee, we request that each artist/vendor donate an item for a silent auction. The proceeds from that auction will benefit the River Bend Neighborhood Association.
- Assistance in set up and tear down. There will be some steps involved. To help with this, there will be volunteers available to assist.
If you would like to be a part of this event or if you would like additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Bob Baskerville (email@example.com)
For more information about the River Bend Neighborhood, visit our website: http://riverbendneighborhood.org.