DEADLINE JANUARY 9th: Metro Arts Forte Legacy Project
A $500 stipend will be awarded to up to three (3) finalists for the development of design concepts. A $10,000 stipend will be provided to the selected Iowa artist/artist team in conjunction with developing the public art project and working with the public in its creation.
What they are looking for:
· Celebrates the positive impact of the arts in the community
· Involves the collaborative participation of community members of all ages in the creation process, culminating with the 2015 Des Moines Arts Festival
· Is fabricated using primarily found and/or re-cycled materials, in keeping with Metro Arts’ “Green Arts” theme
· Contains an educational component that teaches participants about the medium of creation and/or conservation
· Is durable enough for long-term exhibition.
Does your work sound good for a giant project like this? READ MORE.