Nov 6 - 9
Jennifer Drinkwater’s Scapes opening at the Gallery in the Round in Ames Friday, Nov 7, 5PM.
N E W S :
- FREE Professional development trainings for artists called ArtUps provided by the Iowa Arts Council. Register and get better at things. First one is with Victoria Rogers from Kickstarter on Nov 20th. The second is with Scott Kubie talking about the wonderful work of having a website on Nov 22. Then one on Fiscal Sponsorship, and then Real Life Budgeting for Artists. GO! GO!
- Did you know there is a local resource for artists on legal matters? Iowa Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- A response to Emily Newman’s “Real Value”: How much for a lobster claw??
- Wild Rose Film Festival happening the next eight days. Schedule here.
- Visit Perry this weekend for Art on the Prairie. See if you can get a look at the gallery and studio spaces they’ve been developing.
- Boots Riley giving a lecture at Drake November 11, 7 PM
- That same night, there will be a a public forum on balancing historic preservation and new development. Pragmatic Preservation is presented by The Des Moines Register and the Des Moines Rehabbers Club.
E V E N T S :
November 6, Thursday
November 7, Friday:
5 PM Art 316 Open House
November 8, Saturday:
2 PM Galaxies of Art
November 9, Sunday:
D E A D L I N E S :
Grin City Collective Grinnell, IA Spring Residency DEADLINE November 30, 2014
ReBirth Ames IA DEADLINE December 1
Call for Exhibitions @ PS1 Iowa City IA DEADLINE December 1, 2014
Café Baratta State Historical Museum of Iowa, Des Moines IA DEADLINE December 31, 2015
Wheatsfield Co-op Community Art Space Ames IA Accepting Submissions Now
Teri Toye, a Des Moines native, was a fashion model and designer’s muse in the 1980s international fashion world. Her celebrity and presence in both the New York art and fashion scenes led to friendships with Halston and Warhol. Toye transitioned from the life of the “it” girl when she moved back to Iowa in 1987. Speaking Thur Nov 6 at the Des Moines Art Center with Gilbert Vicario, 6:30PM.